Friday, May 18, 2012

My Last Day of Work...

...until Monday!!


Well, this is the last official day of work for the Interns.  As I type this I remember we are required to be here through Sunday but my only real responsibilities that day include going to Mass and doing Welcome Ministry at Mass...sooooo, not really work.


But, it's been a great year.  I learn a lot!  Most of what I learned is about how to cook for large groups of people..but hey, you never know when I'm going to need to whip out that skill!  I also learned a lot about running retreats and things like that.  I think I could have a future in event planning.  I could be the person making sure everything is running on time and also the person in charge of the meal.  I suppose I shouldn't hope for these great jobs like "event coordinator, of blah blah blah" making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.  I'm more qualified for something along the lines of lunch lady!  :)  Or I just have to have 80 children.  Either way...


I finally got to see Libby yesterday when I went to her house to paint some coffee cups for mom.  Which means I finally got my birthday presents from Libby and Emma!  I liked 'em.  There was note pads, snap bracelet watches, ice cream cups, scarves, pro-life t-shrits, and high-heel wine stoppers...come to think of it, with the exception of the last gift everything would fit pretty well in a gift for a 5-year-old girl...oh well, I'll embrace my love of all things childish instead of being embarrassed.


"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3



No comments:

Post a Comment