Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Alright, Alright, Lent Has Come and So Has Blogging!

Here's your post pooky-pants (i.e. Emma).

So, today begins Lent.  I got to distribute ashes at noon Mass and 5pm Mass.  At noon, one gentleman said, "thank you" after I put the ashes on his forehead and said, "remember you are dust and to dust you shall return."  It was funny...

Also, I just had a one-on-one with one of my peer-mentees, Claire.  It was fun.  Except, we talked about literally the most random things--which we blame on lack of food today.  Maybe 10-15 minutes of our hour-long convo. has to do with food.  Now, my office has resorted to talking about food...so much fasting like pagans and hypocrites! ;)

At the noon Mass there were probably 275 people and at the 5pm Mass there had to have been almost 400.  7pm is just as packed and 9pm probably will be.  (7am, not quite as packed, but that's expected.)

So, someone just ran up here saying we were out of song sheets--7pm Mass will have contemporary music.  Then, I remembered this happened last year.  We ran out of song sheets before Mass.  We printed more off--Gina Z. was at the copier, I was on the stairs, someone else was in Lower Commons, and another person was in the sacristy.  We would print like two of them off, run them to the next person and then immediately give them to a Mass go-er.  I should have remembered and warned them--my b.

Oh well, that's all for now of this boring nonsense.  Happy Lent!

2 comments: