Thursday, February 23, 2012

No Babies and No House...But I Did Cook Three Pig Butts Today!

My blog is not exciting.  I have no small child named Therese.  I haven't just bought a house.  I don't have pictures of pancakes that spell random German words.  But....I did cook three entire pig butts today (okay, most people call them pork butt or pork shoulder, but pig butt is funny...and more awkward).

Anyway, Newman Dinner tonight was pulled pork.  I will never make it again.  I spent all day cooking instead of just 2ish hours.  Well, it wasn't that bad, but still...pretty. gross.

What was the best part?  Probably that I had a one-on-one this morning and what did we do?  Did we talk about Jesus?  A little.  Did we chat about her life over coffee?  Nope.  Did we butcher the pig butt and try and get all the fat off?  You betcha!     Ha, I feel a little bad, but she said she was having fun! :/

Anyway, Newman Dinner was a success again.  Pulled pork, cornbread, homemade coleslaw, sweet potato fries, regular potato fries and apple crisp.  A shout out goes to Paula Dean for the sweet potato fries..mmm, mmm.

That's all I've got in the ever-exciting-I-don't-have-a-baby-or-a-new-house-but-I-still-have-plenty-of-fun-stories-for-you blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment