Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a Mardi Gras it was

Happy Mardi Gras, friends!
The highlight of my MG was certainly Bible Study tonight--I suppose more specifically it was the piñata we had at Bible Study.  It was Gina and my "Operation Mardi Gras" that began last night with the idea and commenced today with the piñata.  It was hilarious.  We had some great Alaskan rock climbing rope (shout out to Alev for supplying us with the rope and the wonderful apartment to have B Study at!)...  Then a few people had a shot at hitting it.  Abby's turn came up and on her last swing she says, "It's time to meet your maker."  Then, destroyed it. :)


We then spent a couple hours talking about femininity.  We've been going through 1 Corinthians since the beginning of the school year and are just now on chapter 11.  But, we've had lots of ridiculously awesome conversations along the way.  So, we talked about veiling our heads, about Ephesians 5, and also about the fruits of the Holy Spirit in Galatians.  We then talked for a long time about what it means to be a woman and how we can grow in femininity.  It rocked.  


Look forward to a post in the future about operation show our love.  (I just made up that name right now!)


+I should start taking pictures so I can put them on here, huh?
+No mushy peas for me today.
+I did go for a run and then wanted to shower quick before study, but my roommate was in the shower.  You'd think an advantage of living with guys would be they take short showers--not all guys.


St. John of God, pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny you have a hummingbird background on top of your pink one :)

    And I was going to say that that is really gross that you have to share a shower with a boy...and then I realized I do too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know what you're talking about a hummingbird. I think I need to come home and get some major help formatting this bad boy!

    ReplyDelete