Thursday, April 14, 2011

STOP THE BOP

My current Facebook status: "Jane Voelker thinks "Stop the Bop" day might have just become her new favorite Madison day EVER! mmmmbop!!"

Why? You may ask.  What on earth is she talking about?
Today is the second annual "Stop the Bop" fundraiser.  I don't know who's raising money or what it's going for--besides I know it goes to help children.  But, here's the gist:  The fundraisers play "mmmbop" over loudspeakers in library mall until they get the amount of money they are trying to raise.  Hilarious or annoying?  I vote absolutely hysterical.  But, I suppose no one would be surprised to hear me say that.  I just love the irony.  The money is going to little kids (for something) and little kids tend to stop their feet until they get what they want.  So these big kids are stomping their feet and being annoying until they get what they want.

At the end of Mass today, Fr. said, "As you can hear the 'Stop the Bop' fundraiser is back so please donate to them so I don't have to listen to that for the next four-and-a-half hours." hahaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment