Wednesday, September 23, 2009

But Jane, you forgot to mention your Gondola ride?

You go to Paris and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. You go to Florida and go to Disney World. You go to Rome and see the Colosseum and the Vatican. You go to Venice and ride in a gondola.

These statements are usually pretty true for tourists. Unless said gondola ride costs 120 Euro. What a tourist trap! And apparently the gondoliers don't sing Venetian songs, they sing Neapolitan songs...not that I could tell the difference there! Anyway, gondola rides were just too expensive and walking around was good enough for me!

There was a 50 cent gondola that took you across the canal...but I unfortunately never stumbled upon that. I just wanted to make sure and clear that up for everyone! (And don't worry, I still had a great time in Venice without a gondola ride!)

No comments:

Post a Comment