Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wait, this isn't a vacation?

I think nearly 100% of students at this villa were under the impression that we were on a four month long vacation that involved a little reading and studying. WRONG! For the most part, every night after dinner consists of studying until bedtime. One of the Duke students said how they were told that this program is one of the hardest Study Abroad programs that Duke has to offer. What did I get myself into?

I've found that I have a plethora of reading, all the time...and I may never be caught up. But, it's not hard work; it's just a lot. The second week of classes went well and culminated with an Italian quiz this evening (which I think went abastanzo bene). Abastanzo bene means "pretty well" when someone asks "how are you." I don't know if it works in this case--actually it probably doesn't...oh well!

Anyway, my vacation has turned into hard core school in a 600 year old villa in Tuscany. (Who am I to complain!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment