Thursday, March 29, 2012

No. More. Cooking.

I literally should be a chef.  Or a lunch lady. Or a mom.

Yesterday I grocery shopped to cook two meals today.  This morning after prayer I started working on staff lunch (well, not right after prayer, I did some other stuff first).  But, I decorated a cake (you know, with hearts and snails) for one of the interns engagements (yay!).  Then, I made the taco bake with mashed potatoes and some black bean/corn salsa and cut up some oranges.  After eating staff lunch (where all the married/engaged people told the stories of their engagements...one's really funny, maybe I'll write about that another time) I had about an hour off.

I did some desk work in this hour and counted up some money.  Then, I returned to the kitchen (after a 15 minute rest on the couch in the basement) to cook homemade pizza for 100 people.  Of course, there was salad, cottage cheese, and berry crisp to go with it.  I personally did a lot of dough making.

A big shout out to Nick and Nico for helping with staff lunch and to the Hospitality Team for helping with dinner.  I have to keep this post short cause I'm about to head up to my apartment to sit on my balcony and drink wine with my friend, Sarah.

So, adios.  Tomorrow it's a little work, packing, Mass, seeing Libby's house and heading home for the week! Yay for babies--I mean family!

P.S.  If you see any openings for moms or lunch ladies, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment